Sunday, February 10, 2013

Saturday Eats: Hash House & Topo Gigio

Yesterday we started the day out at Hash House A Go Go. This place originated in Las Vegas and opened a Chicago location this past July. The portions are out of this world huge and the food is decadent. They are all about excess here. The plates could feed three people so I recommend splitting with someone. And make sure to order something that comes with the biscuits and mashed potatoes because they are so yummy. Even after I was completely full with my food, I couldn't stop myself from picking at Jeff's biscuits and mashed potatoes. We also got to sit next to the fireplace, which usually makes me love a place.




After recovering from our entire afternoon of food coma, we went to dinner at Topo Gigio right out my back door in Old Town. This is an oldie but a goodie. I went to this restaurant growing up and always recommend this place to people if they ask where to eat in Chicago and are willing to go beyond the downtown area. This is one of the best Italian restaurants in the city (on par with Piccolo Sogno), and for the quality of food and experience the prices are reasonable. There are so many good items on this menu, but I can't stray from my all time favorite: Tortellini alla Panna, which is tortellini in cream sauce with mushrooms, pancetta, sweet peas, and parmigiano reggiano cheese. Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment