Saturday, November 23, 2013

Balena

Last weekend my sister and I went to Balena, which is in the Lincoln Park neighborhood on Halsted across from Steppenwolf. I have heard rave reviews about this restaurant, and in October it made the Eater 38 list. Balena is an Italian restaurant and is part of the Boka and Bristol restaurant groups.

They have a great sharing menu, so my sister and I ordered a charcuterie plate, salad, pasta and a pizza. Literally everything was phenomenal. We got a lemon arugula salad to have some greens, and what could have been just another boring salad was absolutely amazing. I am dying to know how they made their dressing. They also have an expansive wine list, and delicious craft cocktails. The restaurant has very high ceilings, yet still does a great job of feeling cozy. The service was also great.

I would highly recommend that you come here, whether you live in Chicago or are visiting from out of town. You won't be disappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment