Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Jam Restaurant

This past weekend I went to Jam Restaurant in Logan Square for brunch to celebrate a friends birthday. You can wait hours to get a table for brunch in Chicago, and at this place, even though they quoted twenty minutes, we got a table within five minutes. Fabulous. I found this confusing though, as the restaurant was packed, but I'll take it. Maybe we just got lucky?

The chef at this restaurant has quite the notable track record, working at Charlie Trotter's and North Pond in his past. This menu has a fantastic mix of sweet and savory, and the dishes are beautifully presented when they come out to the table. I could have ordered so many things, but I got the eggs benedict. The food was great although the portion was very small (probably a good thing for me).

The interior decorating at Jam is very bright and clean, definitely giving the feeling that this is more of a daytime place, as they aren't open for dinner. That being said, you can rent their space out for private events, which would be so fun for an evening get together. The chef will cook for you and they just acquired a liquor license, so you could throw quite the fun party!

If you are a regular brunch goer and lover like me, I highly recommend you put this place top of your list for some good eats.





1 comment: