Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Longman & Eagle

This past Sunday I went to Longman & Eagle in the Logan Square neighborhood for brunch. I had never been to Logan Square and after getting off the bus I was a little suspect because the neighborhood looked deserted. They don't take reservations and we soon discovered the wait was an hour and a half, but it ended up being well worth it. We passed the time with cocktails in their recently opened bar out back. There wasn't a disappointed person at my table, and I think we'd all be willing to come back and order anything on the menu. This restaurant won two awards as one of the 'Best New Restaurants in America' and Chef Jared Wentworth also received a Michelin 'star'. So well deserved.

After reading about the chef on the Longman & Eagle website, I like this place even more. From the website: "Despite his love for the luxury products that are featured on his menus, Wentworth believes dining should be affordable and have price points that draw a large and varied clientele. Seasonality and sustainability should be first and foremost in the menu making process, with a profound sense of respect and care put into attaining the best farm and pasture products to the table."

The brunch menu is mostly savory with only one sweet entree. I absolutely stuffed myself splitting the donut appetizer, eating my entree, trying all of my girlfriends dishes and finishing off by demolishing my friends fries. Let's just say my afternoon called for a long walk and some exercise.








2 comments:

  1. Such a fun brunch! So glad everyone liked it. Lula's Cafe next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! And Reno. And Billy Sunday. And Telegraph. And Scofflaw. And Jam. And Owen and Engine. And Table Donkey and Stick.

    ReplyDelete