Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ada Street

Life got busy again. I have been spending my weekends and free time running errands getting ready to move into my condo. Thank God closing is over, so now it can be onto the fun stuff: decorating.

Anyways, a few weeks ago I went to Ada Street with my girlfriend Camille. I had heard wonderful things about this place and it has been getting a lot of buzz. This restaurant is also owned by the same people as Fish Bar and DMK Burger. The ambiance at this place is absolutely perfect and so cozy. There is a welcome lounge, wine library and the back room is the dining area. They were also playing great music the entire night, which made the atmosphere even more fun.

The neighborhood that Ada Street is in is not one you would not normally go to. The restaurant is at North and Elston...and you feel like you're going to get robbed when you get out of your car. There is literally nothing else around this place. Because of this, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to out of town friends, but any Chicagoan should definitely come here. This is clearly already a destination for local foodies, as the deserted location was completely parked up by the time we left.

The only negative about this place was that they don't take reservations, unless you're willing to go at 5:30pm or 6:30pm. After that, it's walk-ins only. They do however let you call in advance to put your name on a list and they give you a recommended time to come. We got in with no problem or wait.

I want to come back to this place for brunch in the summer and sit outside in their back patio. They have my favorite kind of outdoor space; in the back with no street noise and cozy patio lights. Overall, I highly recommend coming here.









Look at this outdoor patio....

No comments:

Post a Comment