Friday, February 7, 2014

Honey Butter Fried Chicken

Recently I went to Honey Butter Fried Chicken for a friends birthday. This restaurant has been getting a lot of press for being one of the best new restaurants, and has been included in several Chicago Eater articles.

You definitely need a car or to grab a cab to get to this place, as it's in the Avondale neighborhood and there is no great public transportation nearby. They do have good restaurant neighbors though; Hot Doug's and Kuma's Corner are both just around the corner.  That being said, any way you can get to this place is worth it. The food was absolutely amazing and the sides are to die for. We were all stuffed but literally couldn't stop eating because everything was so good, cocktails included. I was only sad that I didn't have enough room left for dessert. They don't take reservations and I was concerned upon arriving as the line to order at the counter was very long. That being said, I was extremely impressed with how quickly they moved the line along, and found you a seat after ordering. As soon as you get a table, your food is brought out within minutes.

They've also recently added brunch and have a huge outdoor space...I'll definitely be putting this on my list to come back in the summer. Similar to other restaurants, due to the location, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to out of towners, but if you are local, you have to go. You will not be disappointed.









1 comment:

  1. Obv I'll go with you over the summer for some patio hanging!

    ReplyDelete