Thursday, February 6, 2014

Owen and Engine

A couple of weekends ago I went to Owen and Engine with some friends for brunch. This restaurant has been on my list for a while, but was never a place I had been dying to go. They got a lot of buzz when the first opened, and I hadn't heard too much since.

Owen and Engine doesn't have much going for it in terms of ambiance and definitely gives off more of the bar feeling. We had looked online and the brunch menu looked great, however we were confused and apparently brunch is only served on Sunday...we went on a Saturday. That being said, the Saturday lunch menu had one sweet brunch item that we all ended up ordering and it was fantastic.

Overall, I wouldn't put this restaurant on my must go to list. There are so many places to try in Chicago and this doesn't make the cut for me. There is however a fireplace in this restaurant that I must have missed, but it does seem like it would be pretty cozy for a cold winter night!




1 comment: