Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Au Cheval

I have been dying to go to Au Cheval for years and it took me forever to get there because they don't take reservations, and I lack patience. I finally made it there though with my friend Rochelle. I was warned that the wait, even on a weekday, would be long. And it was. An hour and a half wait for a table! On. A. Tuesday.

That being said, the meal was totally worth it. The Au Cheval burger has been recognized and voted nationwide as being one of the best burgers. And it is. I literally couldn't get enough and was almost sad we'd decided to split. We also got the fried bologne sandwich, which was equally as good. They had a special smoked salmon dip that we just had to order, and of course it came on buttery texas toast. There was not a bad thing about our meal, all amazing.

AND the best part might be that you can bring your own wine. There is no corkage fee, they just ask that you give a glass to a neighboring table. So worth it (especially with my huge discount on luxury wine!).

Au Cheval is also owned by the same people as some of my other favorite restaurants...Gilt Bar, Maude's, and Bavette's. Although I loved Au Cheval, I wouldn't recommend brining out of towners or impatient people here. Try one of their other places that take reservations.




No comments:

Post a Comment