Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Dawson

I had heard that the Dawson had a phenomenal patio, so when my sister asked me if I wanted to check it out with her, I happily obliged. This place is in West Town at six corners, and was opened by Billy Lawless (The Gage, Henri). The restaurant has a massive layout with an upstairs, downstairs, and spacious outdoor patio. And although I didn't see it, from reading, it sounds like there's a great private space with a large fireplace. Hello, winter party.

Luckily because it was a gorgeous night we were able to enjoy the outdoor space. Although I had a lovely time, I wasn't crazy about the food. They've already gone through several Executive Chefs, the most recent starting in May 2014, so I can imagine the menu isn't that stable. I would say this is more of a drinking focused place. That being said, the cocktails were amazing...some of the best I can remember in the recent past. I had a frozen Mai Tai and I am craving another just writing about it. Bottom line, I think it's best to come to The Dawson on a nice night when you can sit outside and enjoy a cocktail, and then grab dinner somewhere else nearby.






No comments:

Post a Comment