Sunday, July 6, 2014

Kinmont

Kinmont made Chicago Magazine's 2014 Best New Restaurants list in April, and ever since seeing that, I did a bit more research on the restaurant, and realized they have been receiving tons of phenomenal press. They've also been on Chicago Eaters Heatmap, which is somewhat of a bible for me. I was actually shocked at how easy it was to get a reservation given the reviews!

This place was opened by the same owners as Old Town Social, RM Champagne, and Nellcote. I love all three of those restaurants, so given its accolades and the other restaurants in the group, I knew I had to go. The Executive Chef came from Lula Cafe, so it's not shocking the food is great. This place is also notable because it is entirely sustainable and responsibly sourced fish and seafood, and focuses on rough fish (species that aren't commonly caught or eaten), meaning there will be some unfamiliar varieties. I do feel like I missed out though by not ordering the Parker House dinner rolls...I've been reading that they are quite delicious. I was also pleasantly surprised by the prices. You definitely won't break the bank here and can easily have more than one cocktail, while still keeping the bill reasonable.

The location of this restaurant is great. It is in River North downtown, but a bit further west. It would be easy for people to get to from work, but because it's further west there is tons of parking if you're meeting someone who is driving.

Overall, I highly recommend coming to this place. Great meal, good atmosphere, reasonable prices, and easy to get to.




No comments:

Post a Comment