Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Anteprima

Monday night my parents took me and my sister to Anteprima in the Andersonville neighborhood for a joint birthday dinner.  My sisters birthday is July 28 and my birthday is July 30, so July 29 naturally seemed like the reasonable day to celebrate together.

I found out about this restaurant because it was recently written up on Chicago Eater's Eater 38 list for July. We wanted something more north because we were meeting my dad in the middle, so it seemed like a good fit. And let me tell you, good choice it was. The menu has more traditional dishes, but also interesting combinations, such as citrus and olive ravioli. The service was phenomenal too. We had a really knowledgeable waiter who was very patient with our many questions about the menu and wines. Also, as Chicago Eater says, "they have an adorable back patio" that makes "this Andersonville spot one of the best Italian joints in the city." Although I love any restaurant with a good outdoor area, those that have their outdoor area in a backyard are particularly high on my list. I was so sad that it was winter in July here so we sat inside.

If you have  way to get to Andersonville, or are exploring up there, I'd definitely recommend popping into this place for a late lunch or dinner. Although the ambiance at this restaurant is fine, when I think of Italian I think of romantic restaurant. If this place wanted to give off that vibe, it needs to work on their lights and the number of candles they have at each table.




No comments:

Post a Comment