Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Antique Taco

Tonight I met my good friend Billy for dinner at Antique Taco in Wicker Park. Antique Taco was opened by a graduate of Kendall College (culinary school) who had a Mexican background and an interest in antiques. The idea was to combine his two interests in one place. We ordered two kinds of tacos: pork carnitas and crispy fish tempura. The pork carnitas were especially tasty because it came with a piece of bacon and fresh avocado. The meat was cooked perfectly and not too spicy. We also ordered the abuelita's pop tart for dessert. Think of a pop tart mixed with s'mores. Yum!




The only thing I was disappointed with were the selection of antiques. As a home decorating lover, I was envisioning a much larger selection than this...

2 comments:

  1. I love Antique Taco! Was it your first time there? I know, not a huge antiques selection and what they have is kind of pricey, but it's a fun concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this was my first time! They definitely need to amp up their antique collection given it's in the name of the restaurant!

    ReplyDelete