Sunday, January 27, 2013

Consignment Saturday, Part 2

This weekend my mom and I planned another field trip and continued the hunt for a green club chair (see earlier post Consignment Saturday). We went to three towns in the western suburbs of Chicago to visit the Crate and Barrel Outlet in Naperville, The Courtyard in Hinsdale, and Divine Consign in Oak Park.

We started the day off with breakfast at a North Shore establishment, Walker Brothers Pancakes. This is a restaurant that every family goes to on the weekends if you live in the northern suburbs. They have a consistent & delightful breakfast menu and it is a very family friendly environment. There is almost always a line, so my mom and I got up early to go before the crowd. The pancakes are so good that I was tempted to get them, but I ordered a classic and something I can't make at home, The Dutch Baby. This is a smaller version of the German Pancake, which is "a thin and delicate oven-baked pancake dusted with powder sugar and served with lemon on the side."



After breakfast, we started the trek to Naperville to visit the Crate and Barrel Outlet. This is the place I would go to first if I were furnishing a home from scratch. The prices are high, but it is still a significant cut from the prices at a regular Crate and Barrel store. These are some of my finds. I am dying for the bar and TV stand. Sadly I don't have room for the bar and don't need a TV stand.







Next stop was The Courtyard in Hinsdale. This furniture consignment shop had the green club chair we have been searching for! I spotted the chair immediately after walking into the store, however two men were looking at it. I quickly walked over, looked at the price tag, and flagged over the woman working to let her know we wanted to purchase it. We found the ultimate score and it looks fantastic in my parents house. Now if only I had remembered to take a picture. Although we found the green club chair here, I don't think I would come back. There was a lot of gaudy stuff that wasn't my taste.


The last stop was Divine Consign in Oak Park. This shop had a lot of stuff but you really had to search to find the fabulous pieces. The furniture was priced so low to keep inventory moving. The things I did like were sadly all sold, most likely due to the low prices. If I were to come back to this place, I would recommend coming first thing in the morning to get first dibs on the good stuff. 


After such a fun day with my mom, I went to a bi-monthly dinner party with some girlfriends from work that we call "Pie Night." The friend hosting tonight has a baby we are all in love with. Check out this cutie! Clearly he didn't want to go to bed and would have liked to stay up with the girls.

2 comments:

  1. You went to Hinsdale and didnt tell me?? I was there all day on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The downtown area was so cute! Next time I want to go with you so you can show me around!

    ReplyDelete