Saturday, January 19, 2013

Consignment Saturday

My mom is on the hunt for a green club chair so my sister and I accompanied her on a field trip to Coyle and Herr in the Bridgeport neighborhood of Chicago. This consignment shop was featured on WGN's Bring It Home and is owned by two very lovely ladies. These women have a good eye and the photo shoots on their website practically made me drool. If I didn't live in a tiny studio and if I had an endless budget, I would have brought some treasures home.





After Coyle and Herr we went to an old favorite, Vintage Pine. This store is pretty pricey but has a lot of great pieces. I found a Boston Terrier painting that I adore, particularly because of the play on portrait painting. Taking something so formal and making it so silly. And for 175 bucks, I'm hoping to make this witty painting mine (hint for anyone out there who wants to buy me a generous present).



After hours on end furniture shopping, it was time to relax with a beer across the street at Whole Foods. For those of you who haven't been, the Whole Foods in Lincoln Park is no ordinary grocery store. This place has not one, but two bars. Grocery shopping is definitely more fun when you can walk around with a glass of wine or beer in hand. 


Happy Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment