Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Billy Sunday

Last week I went to Billy Sunday in Logan Square with some girlfriends. This seems to be my new favorite neighborhood for trying restaurants. Billy Sunday is a craft cocktail bar, and was named one of the best new cocktail bars in America by Details magazine.

We sat outside, which was great because it was October...and warm enough to be outside. That being said, it isn't the best outdoor seating, as it's right against the street. The indoors is extremely cozy and would be a great place to come for a winter date night.

This place had a really creative cocktail menu, along with the classics. At first I ordered a bitters cocktail, which I quickly learned I do not like. My friend told the waitress (in a very polite way) that I didn't like my cocktail, and they were nice enough to replace it with something...less bitter. I appreciated the kind gesture and good service. The small plates were also great, and the crab dip is a must. I couldn't get enough of it.

Overall, this place is a must if you are local to Chicago. The Logan Square neighborhood has so many good spots that you could easily grab dinner somewhere else, and come to Billy Sunday for a late night cocktail.





No comments:

Post a Comment