Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Gather

So I've been gone for a while. Sorry. Life's been busy, aka I was housesitting at my parents and they forgot to leave the WiFi password.

Anyways, two Saturday's ago I met up with a friend in her Lincoln Square neighborhood. We went to Gather, which has been on my list for a while. This place was amazing, and so worth the trip to a neighborhood further north. You walk in and feel so cozy in this space, and they have an amazing outdoor patio out back (which is my favorite because you avoid the street noise). The place was also packed, which is a sign of something good.

Everything we ordered was amazing, particularly the whipped ricotta with honeycomb and balsamic. I am starting to drool just thinking about it. We also ordered the carrot and hummus gnocci and diver scallops.  The service was great too and the staff was so friendly. Their was a very large table next to us, so our food took a while to come out, and the staff could tell we were getting antsy so brought us a free round of cocktails to apologize.

I would definitely like to come back to this place and highly recommend that anyone come here. Maybe next time I'll enjoy one of their "Sunday Dinners" or their brunch. Or I could snag a seat at the bar facing the kitchen. The options are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment