Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Bristol

This past Sunday I went on an impromptu dinner date with one of my girlfriends. We both love eating at posh places, and decided on The Bristol in Bucktown. I am a dedicated reader of Chicago Eater, and although this place opened five years ago, it was just listed in the number one spot on their Eater 38 list.

You walk in and immediately feel welcomed. The restaurant is so cozy with wooden ceilings and a chalkboard wall. The lighting is very dim, just the way I like it. We had the nicest waiter, and when they were out of the bottle of wine we ordered, they brought over two recommendations of other wines, and offered to give them to us at the same price as the wine we originally ordered. The menu has starred items, which are items of the day, being a more seasonal menu. They also have their classics, which I would highly recommend ordering. The duck fat fries and the pan-roasted half chicken are must order items. The chicken was so good that I had to refrain myself from eating my entire half while my friend was in the bathroom.

Overall, I highly recommend coming to this place. The ambiance, service, and food are all great. I've also heard they have good cocktails, even though we just stuck with the wine.






No comments:

Post a Comment