Thursday, October 3, 2013

Three Dots and a Dash

Last week I went to Three Dots and a Dash in River North. The idea of their being a tiki bar in downtown Chicago intrigued me, although that's not my normal vibe.

This place is so weird. You walk down an alley (the nicest alley ever) that is lit with tiki torches, and are greeted by a bouncer wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a blazer. The bar is in the lower level of a building, and right when you walk in you see bright blue lit up skulls and dim lighting. I was thinking this place wouldn't be packed, and we'd be able to get a seat right away so we could have a couple drinks and apps. Well, I was wrong. Turns out there was an hour wait.

So we went to the bar and ordered some drinks. I don't know what I was expecting with a tiki-themed bar, but all the drinks were super expensive and were sugary beach cocktails. They do however come in statement glasses, which you can buy as a souvenir to take home (are we at Disney?). There also were not enough cocktail tables at the bar area. As this is mostly a cocktail joint, with a small and limited menu, they should have had more hang space to make it more enjoyable for the people just grabbing a drink.

Although I had fun (solely because of the company I was with), I will not be going back here. If this was on your Chicago bucket list, cross it off. There are so many other good places to go.





No comments:

Post a Comment