Monday, October 14, 2013

City Winery

Last week I met up with a dear friend at City Winery. This girl and I could chat for hours on end so we always need a place that will let us hang.

City Winery opened on Restaurant Row earlier this year. They are a music venue, restaurant, and also the only wine producer in the city of Chicago. This place is absolutely massive and it's almost amazing how many private event spaces they have. There is also a huge outdoor area. I was wondering how the music venue portion of this restaurant worked, and it is legit an entire separate room from the restaurant.  There is a bouncer at the door, and you need a ticket to gain admission.

The menu is great for sharing, my usual favorite. The order of hummus was truly the largest shared plate of hummus I've ever seen at a restaurant - this could have fed five people. They have an expansive wine list, but if you want to see the larger wine menu, you need to know to ask for it. The only wine menu they provide you is a much more limited version.

Overall, I would highly recommend coming to this place if you live in Chicago. If you're just visiting, I think there are better places to go (it's a good problem to have when there are too many good places).

No comments:

Post a Comment