Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Nico Osteria

This past weekend I went to brunch with a girlfriend at Nico Osteria on Rush Street in the Gold Coast. This place has been getting a TON of buzz recently (like a A LOT), and is in my favorite neighborhood, so I obviously had to go. Nico Osteria is an Italian restaurant that has a great vibe and ambiance. The restaurant is filled with the most amazing light fixtures, beautiful detailed tile floors, lots of dark rustic wood, plush velvet and mid-century furniture AKA my dream.

The same restaurant group that owns Blackbird, Avec, The Publican, Big Star, Violet Hour owns this place...so duh, it is going to be good. The food was great, although I found the brunch menu to be very limited. There wasn't much that jumped out to me. So I would highly recommend coming here for dinner. And talk about an amazing neighborhood to go out in afterword! They also have a large bar themselves that would be fun to post up at.

Overall, whether you are a local or having guests in town, you have to come here. Absolutely. I am dying to come back for dinner, and am hoping they'll have some good outdoor seating set up for the summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment