Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Southern

Earlier this week I went to The Southern for dinner with my friend Billy and his sister Tory. The Southern is a barbecue restaurant in Bucktown right near the train. I have been here for brunch, but it was years ago and I wanted to try the dinner menu.

Although this place is good for a reasonably priced meal with a good atmosphere in a convenient location, I wouldn't put this on my must go to list. The food was yummy, but I found the menu to be very limited, as they didn't really have any barbecue sandwiches...and I was really hoping for some pulled pork! That being said, if you are a whiskey lover, this place is for you. They have  hundreds of varieties. This place also has a phenomenal outdoor space, so if you're looking for somewhere to go in the summer, put this on your list. The private outdoor raised area is unreal and would be an awesome venue for a fabulous summer party.

The place I am really wanting to try is Lillie's Q just down the street. Sadly they don't take reservations...




No comments:

Post a Comment