Monday, March 17, 2014

Nightwood

A couple weekends ago, some girlfriends and I made it an outing to go to the Pilsen neighborhood to check out Nightwood restaurant, followed by a trip to the high-end consignment shop Coyle & Herr.

Nightwood gets smashing reviews, and has consistently been on the Chicago Eater 38 Essential Restaurants list (my bible). This place was great and I would definitely recommend coming here for dinner. We had brunch, which was fabulous, but we left feeling absolutely stuffed because everything was very heavy. I ordered the spaghetti carbonara, which seems to be a recurring theme for me, as my friend pointed out the past three times I've gone to a restaurant with her, that's what I've ordered. What can I say? I love me some pasta! They are also careful to source everything locally, which makes the food just that much more enjoyable! Although Nightwood has been getting a lot of buzz for the past year, it took a long time for me to get here because it is off the beaten path (for my usual routine). You definitely would want a car to come here. And there is nowhere to really go out afterward, so this has to be your destination.

The open kitchen is a neat feature, as you can see the chefs cooking. This would be a fun place to come in the summer because they have an amazing side patio. Although I wouldn't necessarily take out of towners here because of it's location, it's a must go to if you live in the area.





No comments:

Post a Comment