Sunday, March 3, 2013

Trattoria Roma & B.L.U.E.S.

Last night some of my dearest buddies from high school went out to celebrate a friend coming home from China. We spent the evening away from the downtown area and went to dinner at Trattoria Roma followed by some live music at B.L.U.E.S.

Trattoria Roma is a restaurant right out my back door in Old Town but I have always walked by and never been. The decor is unremarkable but the food was so good. I ordered a dish that was like a sideways lasagna with endless layers of pasta. Absolutely delicious and I wish I remembered what it was called.




After dinner we went to B.L.U.E.S. which is a live blues bar in the Lincoln Park area. They opened in 1979 and play live music 7 days a week, generally with local musicians. The place was absolutely packed but we eventually found seats. I don't generally like crowded bars, but this place is worth it for the experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment