Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Boarding House

Last weekend my family went to The Boarding House to celebrate both my mom's birthday and Mother's Day. I have been wanting to go to this place since it opened, and we made the reservation a while back, so this was a long time coming.

The Boarding House was opened last December by Alpana Singh, who is a Master Sommelier, therefore a wine expert. She was also host of Check, Please! for nine seasons. My parents love that show, so I thought this would be the perfect way to celebrate my mom. The restaurant has a wine bar on the first floor, a private event space (for up to 100 people!) on the second floor, dining on the third floor and the cellar on the basement level, which is more for the late night crowd. Both the wine bar and the dining level have the most amazing lighting fixtures made out of almost 10,000 wine glass or 10,000 wine bottles. There are also huge windows in the dining room, which makes the space feel very grand. The service and food was phenomenal, although the menu is very sophisticated so I wouldn't recommend bringing a picky eater here. This restaurant is also expensive and the bottles of wine start at sixty bucks a pop, so be prepared to spend some money.

Although this place got off to a rough start with mixed reviews, the change in chefs must have done something for them, because I would highly recommend coming here!







No comments:

Post a Comment